Technical Test Lead,
Chief Strategy Officer at Arkisys, Board member of Deep Space Ecology & the Norfolk Institute
Cristina Star Ryan
People & Technology
Senior Software Engineer,
- Help develop the Institute’s ability to engage and involve more individuals and/or groups, from all backgrounds, in the life and work of the Institute, and through this work to expose Institute staff and scientists to a broader set of opportunities that would advance the research, outreach and educational impact of the Institute.
- Bring together a collection of individuals, who share a passion for the SETI Institute’s vision, and who bring unique knowledge and skills that complement and/or augment the Board of Trustees and/or Institute leadership and staff.
- Provide ongoing advice and assistance - including marketing activities, public relations, external engagement, and fundraising.
- Critically assess current programs and initiatives, offer input and ideas on program design and implementation, or present ideas for new programs or initiatives.
- Be an informed advocate of the Institute’s activities, programs, goals, research, and enthusiastically represent and/or promote the Institute with members of their network.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings of the Council, 4 per year.
- Help plan and support outreach and engagement events of the Institute.
- Provide candid feedback on written and electronic communications, outreach/engagement activities, strategic plans, fundraising strategies, etc.
- Demonstrate the SETI Institute a top personal philanthropic priority.
- Establish relationships with Institute leadership, staff, scientists and other volunteers.
- Assist with the identification and engagement of individuals and organizations interested in supporting the mission of the Institute.
- Access to some of the world’s leading scientists and educators in space science, astrobiology and SETI fields.
- Put your passion into action by providing meaningful support and expertise.
- Recognition on the Institute website, in print media, and in public as appropriate.
- First opportunity to attend, and invite friends and colleagues, to Institute special events and experiences.